Here are 8 changes to expect when you come back to church this Sunday:
- Our welcome team on the front door will not be shaking hands or hugging you as you walk into church. Instead you’ll be greeted with a big smile and a wave. Our team will have hand sanitiser for those who would like to use some. There will also be sanitising stations in the foyer and throughout the building and plenty of soap in our bathrooms. We encourage all church members to refrain from hugging or shaking hands with each other before, during and after services.
- Everyone will need to use the entrance at the main foyer. There will be clearly marked entrance and exit sides, both to the left of the foyer as you walk in and out. As you enter you will be required to sign in. A table will be set up in the entrance of the foyer with friendly volunteers who will take some basic details or mark you off our digital iPad list. This is a mandatory requirement by the NSW Government. While waiting to be signed in, please ensure you maintain social distancing of 1.5 between other people. There will be X’s marked on the floor to guide you where to stand at a safe distance behind the person or family in front of you.
- In our main auditorium all our seating has been spaced out to meet the requirements of social distancing. If families or couples who live in the same household do pull seats closer to each other, please place them back where they were at the end of your service. An amazing team of volunteers will be sanitising all the seats, bathrooms and metal surfaces after every service, for those who would be willing to help serve in this area, it would be greatly appreciated.
- The NSW Government has advised us not to participate in strong corporate singing. However our singers can still lead us in worship through singing and playing instruments as long as they are at least three metres away from the congregation and there are no wind instruments. So during our praise and worship songs we encourage you to find a way to worship a little differently. You can still worship by standing where your chair is and praying quietly or closing your eyes or lifting your hands. Remember God sees your heart of worship.
- We will not hand the tithes and offerings buckets around during our services. Rather, we have placed two secured giving boxes at the rear of our main auditorium where you can give either before, during or after services. One is on the front of the Connect Desk and one on the side of the sound desk. An EFTPOS option is also available at the connect desk as usual and we encourage as many who are comfortable to continue to give online using the direct debit option.
- At this stage there will be no communion during our Sunday services. However our special communion messages will continue to be shown online every Tuesday night at 7pm on the City Church Nowra Facebook page.
- Our City Church Kids and City Church Mini Kids programs will be starting up from this Sunday during our 10:15am service only. Registrations will be as normal, but please enter the church building via the main church entrance.
- Finally the Connect Café and Alfresco areas will be open for you to sit and talk, with limited seating due to social distancing. However this Sunday we will not be serving food or drink or having tea or coffee available. Our plan is to provide some COVIDSafe training for our volunteers next week before we begin providing food and drink. We hope to recommence opening our Connect Café drinks area from Sunday the 19th of July, with some small food options. With plans to reopen Sunday night hangs from the beginning of August. Finally our bigger lunch options will open on the first Sunday of the month from September onwards.
There will be a working bee this Saturday at 8am on our church property at 167 McMahons Road North Nowra. We will do a final clean up of our building and property. Everyone is welcome to come and help!
We appreciate your patience, flexibility and understanding during this unique season and we are extremely expectant of what God will do in our midst for the rest of 2020 and beyond. We cannot wait to see everyone’s smiling faces this Sunday and spend time together in God’s presence, we have missed everyone and love you all very much. BRING ON SUNDAY!
Ps Jason & Michelle Smith